19 May 2012

Saturday May 19, 2012

In general today was status quo. We had a good night and all our numbers today were good. The goal for today was RESTING and as we have all gotten used to cheering for ...PEEING. Good news is that we were negative for the day yesterday as far as our pee goes (aka we peed out more fluid than we took in)

I talked to Dr. Deshpande and he was content with the progress of her lungs from yesterday and said we would probably just be waiting 2-3 days for this fluid to come off and then we could look at her heart again. I spent the morning with Mallory, who was awake a lot and looking around which was nice. She seemed alert but calm and peaceful. Unfortunately there were a few procedures on other kids today so I got booted for a few hours. I took some time in the garden to look back through some photos of this journey we have been on.

Good news is that when Jess and Madison showed up after nap time we got to spend it all with Mallory. Madison got to use some of Mallory's "beads of courage" to make her own necklace today which was great. She now has her own necklace like Mallory's that she can keep with her.

We have become used to accepting good and bad news ...it is the waiting that can begin to wear on you. Days like this are great as we make progress and we have to focus on even the smallest improvements. I/we have to remember that any day in the right direction is a good day. Things take time and God knows the plans he has for Mallory and our family.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post and especially for the pictures; I sat and looked through them all with tears in my eyes. You and Jess are being so brave and so strong, and what a sweet big sister Madison is. You all are in our constant thoughts and prayers. Much love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes THANK YOU both for sharing this....it is the first thing I check when I get online in the morning!!! We will continue praying for Mallory to heal and for God to give you and Jessica strength & patience through each minute!!!! Please let us know if we can do anything for y'all. Josh is going down to school at Emory everyday so he could bring food to the hospital or anything you need. And I am right down the road so if you need any help with Madison or anything just let me know!!! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quiet days are good days - every little bit of improvement helps, I imagine! Thank you also for sharing the pictures - I cried as I looked through them. Y'all are so strong, and we continue to pray for you! - Kurt & Alli Kraft

    ReplyDelete