16 May 2012

Not as Crappy :)

Today we had another good day. The doctors did an echo this morning and actually saw an improvement in her function. Although a small improvement and we still have a sick heart, she actually made a step forward in this battle and for that I thank each and every one of you.

When Dr. Kanter came in today he told me about the improved function. He said, well although still crappy, we aren't as crappy as we were :). Love him for that honesty and I will take it all day long!


It was a good day.. again a quiet day. It is funny how the little things start to matter so much to you. Our nurse today, MaryBeth asked if I wanted to change Mallory's diaper. Something so simple made me so terrified. She then had me help her move Mallory further up her bed and for a split second it felt like I held her. Again, the little things made me feel like a mom again.

As I was leaving to go home, Dr. Mayle, the director of the Heart transplant program, came in to talk about the good news with the echo. He talked about the question I kept having in the back of my head... If we were improving, even slightly, what happens if we got the call that a heart was available. For the first time, he actually told me that today, we would pass on a new heart! I wanted to dance around the room. Although this could change tomorrow, today we didn't need the transplant. It was my best day thus far.



Tonight I went home. We had a great day today and tomorrow is a new day. We have made a little step forward :)

Keep the prayers coming because Mallory is our little miracle and I owe that to every person out there thinking and praying for our little girl!

7 comments:

  1. Praise God!!! So happy that y'all had a good day and Mallory is improving and that you got to do those little things like change her diaper, you are such an awesome mom Jess and I am sure she feels y'alls strength!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dancing with you my sweetness!! I find myself praying for ALL of you at all times during the day. Jenny is absolutely right when she says that you are an incredible mom! BOTH of your girls have your strength and loving heart. I am so proud of you Jess and Dustin. The courage that you show blows me away. The unity that the two of you share is so very powerful!! ALL of my love each and everyday!
    L - Karly

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very good news! Keep the faith and remember we are all praying for your sweet baby girl! Please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do!

    Tammy M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo, that's such great news!! He's watching over your little miracle and your whole family. We'll keep the good thoughts and prayers comin'....

    J Williams

    ReplyDelete
  5. More good, not so “crappy” news! YEA! Small steps first and larger ones to follow. Mallory will find a way. Sending you positive thoughts, lots of prayers and a whole lot of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so fantastic! You and Dustin are such amazing and strong people - I can see where Mallory gets her strength! We are still praying for you guys. - Kurt & Alli Kraft

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to keep reading improving posts!!! As so many have said, I lift you all up in prayer every day, multiple times. Even people I work with ask about Mallory and are praying for her. Makes you realize that at the heart of it all.......people are good and caring. I know grandma and grandpa are so glad to be there with everyone and glad to see their newest great granddaughter. Love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete