07 May 2012

Madison

I think the hardest part of all of this is trying to make sure that I am taking care of Madison while putting every bit of strength I have into Mallory.

We are trying to make sure that at least one of us goes home to see her every day. She seems okay and not asking too many questions. All she knows at this point is Baby Mallory is sick and at the doctor until she gets better.











The support of family has been so wonderful to help us through that. I know that Aunt B and Philly are keeping her mind off the fact that mom and dad aren't around, but it still hurts my heart.

Tonight we decided to both go home for a little while together and take Madison to dinner ...just the 3 of us. I don't know who it was more therapeutic for.... I think me :)

Madison saw a picture of Mallory on my phone which both Dustin and I were a bit worried about. She took it very well, asked a few questions about the tube in her mouth but moved right past it. At this point we aren't ready to bring her to see Mallory, maybe that will change but for right now I really want to protect her from all of this.

Although it was only a few hours, spending that time with Madison seemed to give me more energy and stepping away together was therapeutic for both of us.





1 comment:

  1. When I heard the story of Madison seeing the picture of her baby sister, and not thinking twice about it, an awareness came over me so strong that children are so pure. Fear, worry, doubt or anything negative is a learned emotion.........they just believe and "know" that everything is going to be ok. They accept things as they are, and through their eyes, we can learn so much.

    ReplyDelete