24 May 2012

Happy 1 Month Birthday Mallory Kate :)

I have been told that I made a few people concerned today when I didn't post an update last night. That was not intentional and I am sorry if I made anyone worried. I didn't have much of an update and thought I would skip one night :)

Mallory is 1 month old today which seems crazy! However, sometimes I think she has to be at least 6 months at this point. Today also marks 3 weeks since we arrived at Children's.

Ms. Mallory is doing very well. She is passing all of her breathing trials. We have removed the urine foley and I have been changing diapers like crazy! She has lost most of the fluid...you can actually see it in her face now. We are starting to transition to oral medication. She is off of the Ativan and Fentanyl which are the sedatives that she was having withdrawl from. She is getting her withdrawl medication which seems to be working well (they are also giving that orally). She seems to be taking to the new formula they put her on however they did decide to add another tube through her nose which bypasses the stomach and goes directly to her small intestine.

The only point of agitation I think she has is her breathing tube!

The breathing tube.... Like I said she has done extremely well with her breathing trials. They are taking it slow because of the episode that we had last Friday with the collapsed lung/fluid while changing her tube. Because she was so sensitive to have the tube changed out, they are being extremely cautious with taking it out again. The plan right now is that tonight they will give her a steroid to help with inflammation she may have in her throat from the tube. They will then stop her feedings sometime early morning and remove the tube tomorrow. They do not have a timeline of when that may happen, but if all goes well Mallory Kate will be breathing on her own tomorrow!

Our nurse today said they talked about doing another echo tomorrow to take a look again at her heart function. I haven't talked to the doctors about what any of this means. It seems that we are moving in the direction of hopefully leaving the ICU and going to what the call the floor or step down. But I am sure that all depends on how her heart looks and how she does with removing the breathing tube.

Tomorrow is a big day so I will once again ask for your prayers tonight to help our Mallory Kate through everything. Thanks so much and I will share more news tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. You don't know me but Natalie worked with us at Children's in Knoxville. We are so glad little Mallory is doing better. We are praying for her and you all too. I cannot even begin to know what your going through but I have been with a lot children and adults very sick and the Lord does know and care and I hope you feel that. My husband pastored for twenty years so you can imagine all we have been connected with. He is now a clinical counselor for foster children. That is something very heart wrenching too. Anyway don't give up hope God does love you and that baby and he will be with you.

    May God BLess You and especially little Mallory
    Kate.
    Bettye Stansell @ ETCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait for tomorrow's news, envisioning you holding Mallory in your arms. As Ron says "she's a fighter and will battle her way out, beating all the odds!" Afterall, she is a Anderson/Hall! Know love and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all such wonderful news. I will be praying for great things tomorrow. I just know that very soon you will be holding that sweet baby! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such amazing news! Thank you so much for updating - I think it was definitely a case on no news is good news. We will continue to pray for you and your family. - Kurt & Alli Kraft

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I will pray everything goes smoothly. I know you just want to sit and hold your baby. Keep us posted!

    Ellen Brasfield

    ReplyDelete